Saturday 6 November 2010

Odd day. Confirmed ESX is knackered but didn't resolve Prodyssey weirdy. It plays fine from Cirklon/thru but when I connect V-Synth, PC200 or Korg Microsampler, it don't wanna play. WTF? I mean, it does play a bit but chokes, envelopes sorta stop working. Is there a stay CC coming from every one of those synths? Unlikely. Very. No active sensing either. Only thing I didn't check to the nth degree was MIDI cables. Have long suspected that Prody's MIDI In; some cables seem to need to be really pushed. I bet that's it.

Would be good as my main synth connected to V-Synth rather than Minimax. Minimax is so good for sequencing, the Prody is an awesome polysynth, plus the interface is almost perfect - I can get modulation without holding the V-Synth's stick too! Those sliders and backlit buttons rule so I want to solve it.

Think I worked out everything about the new toy today and did some mixes of Wally for John. Hopefully there's something of value there. No writing and no Cirklon (Colin kiddy minding!) progress. Today woulda been an excellent day to work with it too.

Wine and chocolate this evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment