Sunday 18 March 2012

Went to Awakenings last night, new satnav guided me well despite the inevitable roadworks on the way home. A good night, especially enjoyed Jez and Norman Fay doing music to a black and white film. One of my ideas from years ago I never acted on. I think I'd still like to do it though but do music to the actual film. There were only a few parts that seemed in any way related to what was happening on screen, yet the whole thing hung together well, very cool. The Sculpts were good too, extended sequencer pieces. I think 10-15 mins per piece is probably enough for my own stuff, I like breaking things down then starting them up too much. Pete playing a lot of lush strings and no sequencing.
They all had some really ace kit, but it was interesting how the nuances of different filters, clever sequencers and impressive modulars really make little difference through an average PA in a difficult room. Will stick to my simple Cirklon with Perfourmer and Radias core I think. Still undecided about Octatrack and how it will fit in. Turns out that now I can do complex/polished stuff on it I want to go back to being raw and unpredictable again. Typical!

No comments:

Post a Comment