Saturday 11 June 2016

Seems we're in June now


I looked around and there it was: summer. Despite a hot week got a few reviews in, including the difficult one I'd been kicking around helplessly for too long. Still quite a bit to do but nothing that's hard I think.

Eurorack case arrived - not so tall because it's curved but still 3x84hp. Nice wood but will take up more desk space. Wider base due to curved shape. Will chase Ross about that other one, try and make it a giggable one. You never know. Power supplies can be added as modules, who knew? So one is on order... might eventually be able to use all those Dreadbox modules!

Went to see some great live music last night, took Pat but not sure if she enjoyed it. She was away like a greyhound after a hare at the end, barely had chance to say bye to my friends let alone hello to Rick, the violinist. Pretty sure I told Pat he was the guy who played on Lore, but my music means nothing to her.

Finally solved a long-standing problem with one of the main characters in 'From Beer To Eternity'. In the end, a surprisingly subtle adjustment needed and magically everything clicks into place - or will once I go through with my comb. With two weeks solid I could finish it but in reality it will take months. Ah well, at least I know exactly what I need to do now, belatedly.

I got the Wav of the gig - minus a bit right at the start - and loaded into Logic. Ended up making a few tweaks, trying to curb the harshness of the percussion, the bloat of the lower end. Surprisingly few bloopers and really they weren't obvious mistakes anyway but I tried a few things to make it more long-term listenable.

You can download my tweaked version of the gig if you like.




No comments:

Post a Comment