Friday 22 July 2016

PRS day

Well, not a great PRS payout but I think Channel 5 is delayed so it might still be OK. Interestingly, back in March I'd thought I heard one of my new drones on a BBC4 documentary (The Beginning and End of the Universe) but wasn't 100% sure because, well, drones are drones. Turns out it was, which is well cool! Another of mine also got used in that one, hey that's actually an ambition satisfied, almost the last one. Hmmmm, best think of more.

Tim down for a few days, should get some music done, have just sent some review stuff in so can relax a bit. Until the other looper arrives only 2 apps and 2 sample shop to do. Should do at least one. Plan to go to Airsculpture gig Saturday but making music could overrule that.

3rd box of Dark Side of the Moog arrived - fantastic stuff too.

------

It's later. Of course I didn't go to the gig but can blame Tim. He brought beer, we made music, I was happy. Have ordered a Doepfer ribbon jobby but it's taking forever to arrive. Ditto for the modules I want to review, the power supply I was promised and so on. Almost bought a Microbrute but after borrowing Tim's again decided against it. Better ways to blow my cash.

Korg finally issued an Electribe 2 update. It mentions 'minor bug fixes' which I hope includes the save glitches and synced delay bug - neither minor IMHO. They added pattern chaining too which is of no interest to me. And there are new models, coloured like the old ones to try and cash in on the popularity since the new models are so drab and anonymous. Hey ho.

The Minilogue got an update - seemed to help the click but not the rtz envelopes. Shame, it's only that preventing me getting one. The new Behringer could be good though - 2DCO and 6 voices (I think). If it has FX and sequencer and costs £500... :)

Sent in 10 new library tracks, which is good. And I started some new ones - chilled, sequencey for a change. If it ain't too hot will work on them over the weekend along with doing sequences for the Binar gig and maybe polishing a few novel chapters. Would love to just do that for 2 weeks solid!

This is cool
https://zackdagoba.bandcamp.com/album/forms-3-controls-sources-treatments

And this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHsX8L4qVI0













No comments:

Post a Comment