Sunday 4 November 2018

Another little move-around

I decided to retire the ER-1 for a bit and move the Biscuit to the cue output of the Octatrack. Then I could bring back the TT-606 as it seems so much more suited to individual output processing than the TT-78. Yep, I now have both going into the same mixer, this time using just the single output from the '78, which is somehow right. Maybe it's just how I remember my CR-78 but the single mono drum box idea works well and I think about it in a different way.

Processing OT tracks via the Biscuit is good too. I really should have got Denis to do that mod for me allowing me to bypass the bitcrushing sometimes and just use it as a filter. Good I can record the processed cue output right back again.

Had to move the analogue delay to its own mixer channel also, just so I could EQ it a bit. This turned the Lyra and its long effects chain from stereo to mono, but that's actually a good thing too, tames it slightly.

The Odyssey, despite Korg's cockup, sounds great. I'd still maybe have wanted the keyboard version had I known of the issue but no great worries. The PPC on the module is shit too, total waste of time.

Sunday, difficult visit with mum. In the evening went and hung around a fire, found a large, fat frog on the pavement as we walked home. Popped it in the garden near the pond. Pat went to bed, her cold finally taking over. I polished off the fantasy section of my novel, although there's a battle or two to write when I'm in the mood.

ANT stuff sounding awesome. The question of what to do next follows naturally on. I think it's bedtime.






No comments:

Post a Comment