Sunday, 26 July 2026

The ongoing process analysis & Cirklon Battery Replaced

 Yeah, I seem to be stuck in a cycle of being unable to do much because of my breaking down of how I do things. Not healthy but also not good to be stuck in the aircond room just because of the fact it's cool enough. Today the Kenton MIDI Thru was randomly powering off and no idea why. Have removed the RD9 as I was really getting tired of its sounds. The TT-606 is simpler and fresher so it's that plus ER-1 at the moment with the Arp and Wavestate still doing backing. The advantage is that both Arp and Wavestate allow per-pattern MIDI channel assignments so I've been playing with that. I do miss having the KSP run the Wavestate but I might assign the Proteus to it at some point, even though I'd prefer the (dead) Morpheus. Oh well. Hopefully it'll get cool and I can use setup 1. If not, I'm going back to MPC and just work on some material. 

Things I'm bored with now include the GR-1. I have tried to like it since the revamp of its menu/save system and just pine for how it was. Naming stuff is a PITA and saving stuff seems way more complex than the simple shift and perf combination of before. Navigating to a menu option before you switch off is also annoying so I may sell or swap it. Tested recording the Zoom and transferring files via USB and it does record muted tracks, which seems daft, plus you have no option to gang tracks 1&2, 3&4 as stereo - they're always mono. Doing anything on Ableton with the files is also a drag compared to Logic and its large screen and familiarity. I've tried but don't like Ableton either. Too old for change?

Anyway, that was Wednesday. I filled the garden bin so not entirely wasted the morning but the afternoon faffing in the studio felt like I was searching for something I'm not sure I need to find. My cold still present but has entered what I hope is the final dry cough stage...

Thursday started well, although felt weak after walking Broc. Was gonna make tea, the jambalaya, but Margaret was wailing in her flat about the door and basically lying on the floor making it quite clear she's losing it. Pat brought her home but she's struggling to walk (fall yesterday) and gonna try pain killers. I fear she may be back here again but it's also clear she can't continue where she is. Anyway, abandoned simple MPC sequening JD-XA setup as it wasn't really very inspired. I hope it's cool enough to play the Osmose tomorrow. And I don't get called away for some emergcncy or other.

Yeah, new battery after 4.5 years. Hopefully this is a good one - will check its voltage when I power up later.

Well, I played the Osmose and made this by recording drectly into Logic then editing rather than recording more. Further editing can still happen.

https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/track/abstraction

I fired up the video camera also. For some reason it split into two.

Oh, and for reasons (I'm not totally sure why but blame Jez Creek), I ordered a Cyma Forma Alt. I think it was the software update that swayed me as t gives proper envelopes (something I always wanted on the Lyra), plus the fine tuning and scales. I had dithered the day before and lost the slightly cheaper one at Juno but got what seems to be the last available anywhere from Signal. Reasoning was I'd saved money on the Easel. 
Saturday and Tim's not here, his lady is with him so I may get a studio day after all. 
Well I did and spent some time on setup 3 moaning about Cirklon to Colin. I think he listened and proposed a couple of visusualisation possibilities for my overdubbing into long patterns issue. My recording was shorter than yesterday and I did not go back and sort a few of its issues. Shows me my new idea of how to progress is sound. I will leave this here to remind me of the two paths.
https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/album/subtraction

Sunday the guy's meant to be doing plywood ready for floor sorting tomorrow. Really ready for all this to be done. My Alt is arriving tomorrow also so it'll be headphones at first unless guy finishes floor in the morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment