Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Some days alone to play, write and, well, drink I suppose.

 Yeah it's Friday, signed contract for mum's house and preparing for my studio time. Didn't manage to go for weed but will cope I think. 

It was a good day. Worked on a new track, also in Fm, and used the Casio piano a lot. It really works well in its new place and it's just what that setup needed I think. Seem to have recorded a few things, all of which sound pretty good. Today (Saturday) I'll do more and perhaps put them together in Logic. 

Seems like Saturday was good
https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/album/spegifo-nunc-taters

Stoned Satyrday night and watching Fackham Hall which being stoned helps. Its writ by Jimmy Carr and today I'm in the mood for it. I didn't get much beyond half-way through though as just wasn't stoned enough. Sunday went to see Jan and then cleaned bathroom, listened to recordings, made bolognese...

Sunday and Pat home in a few hours. Occurs to me that some of the best stuff I've done in a while exists, currently, as recordings into the 404. The Atrium continues to captivate. May ask why they don't let yuo store gestures as thet really make a patch - your little personal recording of parameter tweaks.

had a great sunday in studio playing with atrium

https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/album/spegifo-nunc-taters

Pat home soon and I made a nice bolognese

I'm thinking that, in future, I should specify nuns, don't you agree?
September feels like a return to form. Musically. No sign of the Odd-1 yet. 
Got phone screen replaced, supposedly a genuine Apple part but I think cos the guy nicked it out of a phone he had in the shop. Oh well. Jan got hold of David who will provide invoice for gas work. I will contact carport people once solicitor gives me the details I naively left with them thinking they might do something (other than repeatedly ask the same questions) for their fee. Installed Margaret's bed and I think I'll do a bit of gardening now as it's forecast to rain tomorrow. 
Sill no reply from Inmusic about my problem. I suspect I'm not going to get one. 

The week progresses with more of the Margaret saga, gas fire/boiler service and general lethargy. It's hard to start on anything with the constant fear of interruption and I'm wondering what happened to that Odd-1 which I expected last week. I should probably start thinking about firing up the MPC again to remind myself of the bits and pieces I have prepared for the gig but I'd rather play the Atrium. Seems we have everything the solicitors want now except for David's invoice, which I hope will arrive today. Then we can finally get a date for exchange of contracts. That would be one big thing sorted at least. 

Tuesday and I had no mojo at all. Tried some video of Atrium but the camera swap still not happening. No idea why not but fed up with it. Fired up the MPC but was not inspired at all. Using its clips as it stands is utterly useless if they're audio clips - no wonder InMusic never got back to me. Tried the RND thing but got yet more shit from it.Seemed like such a good idea but, in reality, it's boring as hell and I wonder if 5 presses should be enough, or 50 or 500? 

Rainy Wednesday awaiting a mystery delivery from Croatia. Chased Source for an update on my Easel Command and told "next week" which, if it happens, will allow me to use it at the gig. Which would be great actually. Should try and solve that camera switching thing and see if i can get the Sys8 USB driver loaded on my elderly Mac. Admin and faff but necessary. Update: Sys8 USB driver doesn't go far back enough for my Mac OS. However, MIDI works but only when I set the SYstem 8 to transmit on channel 1 as quite a few plugins insist on that (!). So it was working the other day when I needed it I just assumed Logic would rechannalise - dopey moi! Gonna leave camera shite to another day though as there's a Cirklon OS to try.



No comments:

Post a Comment