Tuesday 29 December 2009

Further Tales from the Logic / Sanity Border

Logic 9 crashed today while I was loading in some Kontakt 4 orchestral sounds. Here we go. Included in the fun were low memory warnings, something I hadn't expected with my 8Gb machine after running only about 20 tracks. Hell, I used to run maybe a hundred tracks back in my Cubase VST/32 days on a poxy little PC - but all these orchestral things are memory-heavy, apparently. Dearly wish I could upgrade to Logic 8 until 9 beds in properly.

Discovering a few small things about Logic that annoy me - compiling a list of questions and observations - but generally I'm getting around it. One of the most annoying behaviours is the way it insists on starting playback at the cycle start points whenever cycle is active. Huh? Why not just cycle when you get to those points but start as normal? Hoping there's a workaround for that.
Somehow also keep losing the metronome setting to play on record. It seems manual tweaking of metronome whenever I like causes the program to think I'd like to change my preferences too. Stupid thing!

The squeaking noises aren't happening today so either my bearings have oiled themselves or it was something else. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment