Saturday 12 June 2010

Field Day

Well, I think we've had the best of the day. The sun's disappearing into hazy cloud and there are the sounds and smells of barbequeues being had. I believe there's a football game going on, perhaps at this very moment.
Was nice to see Longridge Field Day after so many years. Had a brief chat with Harvey, Dave H, Robert but it all ended too quickly. Could easily have stayed but didn't. Pat's working until midnight, helping out again. I'm starting to wish she could drop that job - or at least just stick to the hours agreed. Alone again, naturally. You tell 'em Gilbert. I could work on the SH-01 review. It's pretty much done; Roland didn't come through with any answers so I'll be a little careful with some of the wording. I hate to speculate but what else can I do? Ah well.
I have a bit of an urge to just play with the Synthi all night. Can't be bothered with telly, not gonna touch those tunes again until Monday when I start the edits and Cirklon still ain't quite progressed far enough to really do what I want on it. With stuff out of the box, so many variables that I'm starting to think perhaps one or two multitimbral modules is the best way for structured stuff to play live. The idea of instrument sets seems a good one now.

Rambling and not even stoned yet. I think I may remedy that next though. Then we'll see. If I do the review tonight I get tomorrow off. Coulda gone to that festie thing after all. Harvey's playing Glasto too, which is excellent. He mentioned having four tickets, almost wish I could go. Hmm.

Wonder what the point of this blog is. Am I ever gonna look back at this and remember anything of the day from it? Mum's sore arm, apparently she was mad at us going for another drink. I wish this condition would clear up and she could drop the steroids.

No comments:

Post a Comment