Thursday 19 February 2015

Been a while

Which obviously means I've been busy - true. Recorded lots with Tim lately, the track Electronic Meditation should go to Dean for mastering soon. Today's stuff sounding excellent at the moment, moved the CS30 and Microsampler into the 'ambient' submixer with the DD20 and its looping. Have cabled Erebus in CS30's place in the sequency mixer. Taken ESX-1 out of the equation for a while, the Volca Sample doing interesting things.

Sorted Tim's submixer positioning and cabling, got levels pretty good, sub/main mixmatch compensated for as mucha s possible. Over an hour's good recording, at least it sounds pretty sublime so far.

Here's Electronic Meditation BTW.


And some pix from recently just cos I like 'em





I continued to be impressed by the Micromoog, it just sounds different to other things. Like the Microbrute too.

A4 is now a chord sequencer and very good at it too. I no longer need to bother setting up performances since one track doing chord with one sound is easier to control by flipping around the menus. Each time I feel like it I record a new chord sequence into whatever bank, with bank A being Am, B being Bm etc. All patterns run at 1/8th speed, recorded either in realtime or from Cirklon where I might have created the pattern in a variety of ways for extra spice.

Almost finished a new batch of library tracks, new Headshock album almost done, stuff from the 80s for a compilation album (will take Paul's advice and widen it and boost the bass).

Yay! I am quietly drunk but content. Whatever else I planned to write is forgotten. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment