Saturday 28 February 2015

Throat cooked, keys lost, curries eaten, volcano mildly erupts

Phew, survived. Very impressed with the drum mux and Pearl module, a limited range of sounds but sounding so meaty and punchy who cares? Have a tweaked OS with a basic temporary version of ensembles that actually gives me 90% of what I wanted at a stroke. Awesome! Talked UI, got some points across amongst the haze. Another lovely visit.

Decided to get a few jobs done on the Mini. Foolish but may as well have it exactly how I want it, which includes changing the mod source knob to a mix between the LFO and VCO3, with the switch now to concentrate on switching between noise and the LFO.Pitch bend will now work only on VCO3 when sync is off, giving me the change to control mod depth and rate from a convenient place. If the rumours about a remade model D are true, the thing may be less valuable 'as is' anyway. That's my excuse and it sounds flimsy as I type it.

Have just transmitted the headshock track for the compilation CD and am listening to a prototype of  the new album with that track as last up. What a life eh? Must finish that review tomorrow plus work a little on the new beta I got for the you-know-what.

With an hour or so this afternoon I cleared out some samples from the Volca Sample and added a fair selection of the ones I made with the MS20M. Still a few conventional drum samples to get rid of but I think I'll make some very specific percussion noises with various synths to slot in. I think the DRX-1 might have gotten under my skin. :)


While the Mini is away the Prodigy has returned. I'd love to fit that in all the time but it's either/or at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment