Wednesday 26 July 2017

Busy

Finished Hyperion. Very good, had proper ending too with all the kind of elements people associate with a story well had. If it has a weakness (and it has) it's the god-pandering that never quite goes away, the dripping justification for submission to a higher being, even if the apparent theme is seeking freedom from thrall. Still, the strengths outweigh the weaknesses by a long way and the shrike is a good faceless, emotionless baddie. Some great points about humanity and its current state.

Can't bring myself to tackle the Dark Forest. Written in Chinese, translated by someone else, it reads horribly. One rainy day maybe. So I'm out of books again.

Building meant to start again tomorrow. We currently have thunder and lightening and a very black sky. Sigh.

And the bloody Morpheus died.


Had hardly used it too.
Tomorrow I'll finish the two Eurorack reviews (they're done actually but I like a last read). Up to date with book edits, at least for now. Spent a happy hour this afternoon just playing piano. A little glimpse of what I expect retirement to look like ;)

Decided to do the COS gig using the Lyra-8, Pro2 and some effects. Should be plenty. I'll inevitably take the Microgranny 2 and looper but a nice change for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment