Monday 31 July 2017

Keira, Keira, draws a step nearer

In the January 2012 review of the OP-1, I speculated that the slender and elegant machine was, like a certain actress, out of my reach. More than 5 years later I finally find myself in a position to own an OP-1. It has revived my hopes, slightly, of a chance liaison with the lovely Ms Knightley. I do not, of course, live in the real world. And you can't make me.

http://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/teenage-engineering-op1

It seems to have grown a lot since my review, especially in last year's update, which I guess could be the last. Why did I buy it, you ask? Well, I expect to be spending time pottering around outside the sweaty studio, maybe recording in foreign climes. It follows that a portable instrument full of groovy options to assist the Electribe Sampler and Microgranny 2 is worth having. Yes I could have used my iPad but I want to have fun...

OK it arrived. Wasn't entirely happy that it didn't arrive with box, cable and overlay - so screams 'second hand' rather than 'B stock'. Not too impressed with Gear4music. For the sake of £50 I could've had a new one. Might still return it actually even though it's wonderful. Didn't take long to get back into but some cool new stuff since I reviewed it. Might need the FM aerial at some point. And since I don't have the box, the carry case! :(

Builders did a couple of hours today. No idea when plasterer or electrician comes. Pat off visiting on Friday so binge planned, might do an ambient noodly video using the OP-1. Already started recording some freaky sequences to the tape recorder (tape recorder still my favourite thing).

Crashed it too, in less than an hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment