Friday 3 November 2017

Continuing indulgence

I just remembered I was supposed to write something to be used as sci-fi voice-over for a track. So .that's this morning's quest. Still not sure my voice best suited to the task, may ask John. Track tempo appears to be around 72BPM so I'll try and make the voice fit that naturally.

Yesterday's creation was rather different than I expected. Switches from the Minimal Techno brief to the Chilled Meandering brief. Will see if today's is closer to the original idea.

Feel bad I didn't go see Harvey last night, just slumped in front of telly (watched 2 Black Mirror episodes I'd already seen) and achieved little. Nothing.

Thursday, great day! Fixed yesterday's thing (I think) and recorded something new that I like, with polyrhythms where the main groove is in fives. More beer, plus chilli and later, gin. Big fun day. Stoned and watching Baraka. Hardly original but joyous.

Hmmm. On reflection, yesterday's track is about double the length it should have been. Heh. Can fix. Second half is the thing. Will see what today brings. It's coming together

Today brung a groovy thing at 130 bpm. Watching series 3 of Black Mirror. At last the one I hadn't seen. Good day, looking forward to Pat coming home.

I might have a new thing practically complete: Data. That's it. Using Ciklon to drive the kick today.






Always very suspicious when two recordings have a similar shape. Just saying.




No comments:

Post a Comment