Thursday 5 July 2018

A week of quality studio time ahead...

Yes, I'm home alone from Mon-Friday next week and planning on getting a lot done. Will be nice to have a whole week with fewer chances of disasters, mayhem and stress. Today's concerned a bald tyre Pat had just spotted and which required urgent replacement on the way home from her weekly volunteering stint. Alas, she phrased this rather differently and it ended up being me apologising for not securing an appointment today, thinking tomorrow would suffice... Oddly, instead of tomorrow she opted to book it for after she comes back.

Took some great shots in the Trough of Bowland yesterday. Here are some:







Well, the weekend before my week of chilling won't be quite so chilled - we're left holding the baby both days (!) Alas this means I'll probably miss the England match on Saturday as we're taking the wee lad to the field day and I couldn't really send Pat by herself. Gonna be hot and he's a lively fellow. Still, I can grin and bear it for a weekend, content of a switch to life at glacial pace afterwards.
Plan to do more of the new sequency album and generally spend time with the modular, which I've sorta neglected due to studio heat and reviews. On a good note, have mostly written up my thoughts on Magneto so all I have to do now is be sure I like the writing.

Phew, still hot though. I'm drinking lots of beer (and hoping my new gin will show up for next week) and listening to lots of music. Don't feel especially creative as I am stuck with a novel problem I must solve - how to include a fairly horrific explanation for the whole series while keeping it light. Something will pop out I'm sure, once I have hours upon hours without interruption.

Don is doing great things with our tracks. I hardly feel I can call them ours given the amount of work he's done compared to me. Rather exciting though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk2h4hyAdvJ/

No comments:

Post a Comment