Monday 2 July 2018

More horse shenanigans

Poor old Caspian is going to have to lose his eye. Fortunately it's his bad one but there's nothing else for it and Pat is gonna be down for a while I expect. These things keep coming along and I guess since he's no spring chicken (he's a horse), more will be waiting down the line.

Here's a calming picture of a tree:


Still very hot. All my plans to drive north and explore places have sorta melted in favour of lounging around here. Going to see John today for tea and cake though and may get as far as Dunsop Bridge later in the week. This total inability to go anywhere puts serious doubts on the value of camper van to us. Too hot for studio though (got that module review done but not started another) and almost too hot to do book chapter edits. Have a challenging one lined up where I need to be careful of the personal pronouns.


The last one is a fuzzy phone pic because I like the effect.

This rather lovely shot was taken on the way home from the Continental today:

It's a week later and I'm obviously rubbish at this blogging lark. Was listening to a fascinating interview with Scanner (Robin Rimbaud) and noted he has written a diary entry every day of his life since he was basically an embryo. And every one will be interesting, witty, thoughtful, insightful, educated, worth reading...
Annoyingly for any reader of this drivel, my blog is available to the general pubic, Scanner's is not.

In view of my shallowness, I had this political thought which I will write here:
Since our current political system is so blatantly incapable of handling #brexit - how many other issues is it equally out of its depth with and totally unsuited to? Do politicians, in fact, fail us this badly all the time but somehow we are blissfully unaware of it?

Anyway, I'm thinking of Dunsop Bridge again for this week but have just abandoned my plan to do some modular work today. Looking forward to a week by myself next week to write and noodle.





No comments:

Post a Comment