Wednesday 14 August 2019

Modular Mindfulness

I've been struggling to get back into any kind of 'fun with modular' phase. I turned on recently intending to work on the joystick review and ended up with yet another move around of modules.

I can turn on my Elektron gear and have a new tune going in 5 mins. With the modular, I won't even have decided which modules to use in that time. The smaller modular, which is in the other room, is better in that sense because there are just a hand-picked selection so maybe put the joystick in that one. Maybe I'll go play piano instead.

Another day.
My move-around seems to have been a good thing. My small Roland case now holds just the DPO, Benjolin, ErbeVerb and Chance modules - still inspired by the Easel but its own thing. I made a lovely space drone feeding the DPO output into the Lyra-FX and Magneto modules and adding slight modulation from the Benjolin.




Just installing the Keystep update - a great update too addressing all of the things I didn't like originally. Let's go see if it works. Ah, seems to be an issue with starting sequences - they don't always start at step 1 when the new arm function in use. Will see if it's user error or another bodged update. Shame they didn't want me as beta tester.

And here's some starlings.



No comments:

Post a Comment