Tuesday 3 September 2019

Sauna Studio Sesh

I'd been worried that the day Pete and I chose to spend making new Ideation tracks would cook us both. In the end, we coped - and I'm listening to the 1.5 hours of material we recorded as I type. The best bits seem to be ambient/drone-based so far but all good.



Following Tony's suggestion I ask Vermona about a new power supply they did indeed offer to send me one - nice one guys! It turns out my Perfourmer mk2 has a very different power supply to the later models, as shown in the circuit diag they sent. Hopefully the replacement board will last longer and work better.

Bank Holiday Monday, getting warm. Have picked some apples but mostly gonna laze around again for the rest of the day.

Had a battle with debt recovery company sent by DHL to chase an invoice that never reached me. DHL maintain it's not their problem that 20 Marilyn Ave doesn't exist and not their driver's responsibility to notify them of this. The end result is that there was some import tax on the Intellijel review modules but, due to the address mix-up, DHL could think of no way to get in touch with me to say. I recall their stupidity over the Pro 2 main board so should not be surprised. Anyway, the debt recovery company somehow knew the correct address, all of which reeks of a scam to me. I paid up and SOS will reimburse but it's bloody annoying.

Today I'm listening through the Path from 1984 to see if I can bear it being reissued. Apart from the usual excess of cheese, it isn't too bad. Some EQ work needed though and the odd click - I'm recovering from some Audity files someone made for me in a weird format.

Pat was away Sunday / Monday so I did the usual. Got a headache this morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment