Thursday 10 June 2021

Bank Hols mean blocked roads

 So I'm going nowhere. May try and get Tim around, although if it's hot I doubt the studio is the place to be. We did some valuable cataloging work yesterday, gave names to a few anonymous pieces and listened to them, and marveled. The new stuff is becoming quite a nice collection. Oh, I promised a track to Sequences for their birthday/anniversary/whatever. Guess a Headshock one might scare 'em though ;)

I think we were up the imaginatively-named Place Fell the other day. I mention it now as I just remembered its name. Yesterday, stoned, everything looked fascinating. You have those days too, right?









Seems like I started this blog entry a while back and forgot all about it. That's a good sign, I think. In the meantime we've had a stint as grandparents and done my usual walking in the Lakes. Not done a lot of music though. I sent the album to Ron at Groove but heard nothing since, so I guess he either doesn't like or isn't interested. Got approached by an old party contact asking about doing something - label-related. I sent him some stuff, also mentioned the art/music project. We'll see if anything comes of that. I probably sent them too much, especially of the mulchy ambient stuff but no matter. He does lovely videos and talked about coming here and filming something. 

Been pottering with oil paint again, forcing myself to do very small things with a tiny amount of paint just to get used to splashing it around. Being drawn towards abstract and messy stuff as it's the one area I've never tried to explore. Have marked the canvas into 25 squares with masking tape and randomly doing stuff in each to see if anything looks good. Very hot in studio so a good way to spend the day. Decorator coming in a few weeks which I'm not looking forward to. Pat away next week with Carole but I seem to have gotten scheduled to help Margaret with the horse, mornings only I think. May see if there's time for a shroomy day. 

Sold a Eurorack module after seeing someone asking on fb. Made me feel happy. Would love to sell the lot, or almost all. Some of those delay modules are handy and clock dividers and a few others. Eurorack is a bit like a really narrow country lane that you head down, possibly because your mischievous satnav led you astray, and eventually it gets too narrow to be worth the ongoing effort, or you meet a dead end; then it's the big reverse and an oath you'll stick to decent roads and avoid the faff. Hmm, I could improve that analogy if I felt like thinking about it.

Anyway, some shots from Angle Tarn, which was Tuesday. It's Thursday now.  Might be a Tim day, hope the attic is cool.







No comments:

Post a Comment