Friday 28 May 2021

More walkies and prepping for some tiring days

 Off a bit further north tomorrow, hoping the weather will be kind. Bloody cold for May. Didn't sleep last night, possibly as Pat was late in bed and I could hear some bloody thing about drag queens, quite loud, which killed that magical (and short) period in which my head understands it's meant to shut down. Anyway, heard the dawn chorus at five past four. Think I got an hour between half six and seven but couldn't be sure. Perhaps as a result, not one decent musical idea today, zilch. 

Friday's potentially scuppered as I'm picking up John from Slaidburn. Will try and get back for lunchish and see if I have anything in the tank for a Friday afternoon sesh. Next week likely to be disrupted as we're grandparenting. In theory for two nights but these things can get stretched mysteriously. 

I'm trying to learn the names of places we go. That one is the top of Pike O'Blisco, which is a mountain cos of its highness. This week we parked at Patterdale and went up a tiring hill near Ullswater. Proud of our fitness we were humbled by tireless old people and by the time we reached the summit there was pretty much a queue. 





Friday evening. Was our 33rd wedding anniversary. Pat went to bed early though, her arm has a bruise where we think the jab went in. Just came up so not sure if related as she had jab a few weeks ago. My second one tomorrow. Pleasant morning with John, recorded some more nonsense this afternoon. Meant to get very hot from Sunday - we'll see. Hope I sleep better tonight. Been waking with pain in upper right arm, no idea why. As my left clavicle was broken yonks ago, the right is the side I sleep on. Now both give me pain, which is a pain. 

We're getting food from somewhere called Gousto. So far, two meals and both really good. Cooking going on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment