Sunday 27 November 2022

Wartiness and 404 decision time

 Well the things on my face are seborrhoeic keratoses - basically warts and very common. Even though it damages my great beauty I'll keep 'em. Also keeping the 404. Juno had generously offered to refund me since they don't have any more and Roland's fix time is 6-8 weeks. They also offered knocking a bit of cash off if I wanted to keep it - and I think I will. Despite it being a very odd thing that I've struggled with, I think it has real potential and maybe Roland will address some of its obvious weaknesses - they did fix a couple of things already. Struck me that if I had a gig next year, it would be handy to have compared to the BlackBox - can be an FX processor and useful for triggering spot effects and longer ambient passages and doesn't have the BB's minijacks. Just a shame you can't name the samples you make on it without using the app!


Thursday, rolled a 1 and decided to move the 101 away and put in the JD-XA in its place. Means adding P3 to the same power strip as the mixer, so it's available to setups 1&2, sorted! Started a thing on P3/JD which sounded potentially good, caught a snapshop in the BB. Will progress tomorrow as it's Friday. 

Good afternoon, finished the track from yesterday, sorted Ibiza booking cockup - a hotel they now partner with has a similar name to the one they used to. Anyway, full refund and full marks to TUI. Pat in odd mood, talking about immigrants - this time in context of booking our pre-Ibiza hotel. The daily mail effect continues. 

Hmmm, I just watched an episode of Rick & Morty that basically did my novel. How depressing. 

Sunday now and I've had a pleasant few days pottering about. Friday did some 'Scootswind' - using recordings made in Scotland. As if summoned Tony appeared mid-afternoon so it was a shorter session and recording than usual, still goog though. Good, even. 

https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/s2-scootswind-120

Have done a few cool things with the 404 now I'm learning its limitations. Saturday Tim and I did a fab ambient sesh with it, or mostly it anyway. 

Random pix time








No comments:

Post a Comment