Sunday 4 December 2022

November Nomore, BlackBox version 2.0.5 - the error-free version?

 And it's been a good one, I think. Pat away on Friday so the usual nonsense coming up, no doubt. Recorded another The Hidden Camera piece today (Tuesday) so should be most of our third album done now. With Pat away I might get some writing done as I've done a lot of music lately - mind you I still fancy a day of P3/JD-XA so will do that Friday. Jeez this is a rubbish blog, isn't it?

What might you want to know, dear reader? I started the new Frankie Boyle novel today (Meantime) and it's going to be very good indeed, can already tell. He writes brilliantly and I'm already hooked after just a morning. 

Hope I didn't upset Mike - I pointed out a small issue with one of his explanations in the Minifreak manual (people who know me can probably guess the topic) and I dunno if he's good with that sort of thing. Sometimes I don't add enough sugar to such things, especially with people I know, so here's hoping. I should just butt out and let the world continue to be confused about envelopes. Edit: all good, he'll take another look at the wording when possible. Phew. I kinda expected he'd want it right first and foremost but I've had so many difficulties explaining this to people I tend to expect the worst now.

It's Sunday and I've had a good few days pottering in the studio. Tim and I did a good thing yesterday, Ikeq, which had some inspired MPC work and not from me either. Used some of the cave noises recorded in the Lakes in a piece and generally finding lots of ways the 404 can be useful. Also, 1010music sent me 2.0.5 and I didn't see one 'Error with Recording' message. So it might be directly attributable to the black line version and I might just put all my boxes back to this one. Pat hopefully heading home soon, I've done a bolognese type thing. Broc's foot still swollen so Pat can get on with the pink pills she didn't trust me to administer. 







That'll do for this entry I think. Didn't work much on the novel, seemed to get drunk and watch telly more than usual. 


No comments:

Post a Comment