Thursday 26 January 2023

Time for another Kenton box

 The little nest of nastiness that is my thru area in Setup 4 was causing me grief over the weekend and I realised it's high time I bought another Thru12 from Kenton to sort all that once and for all. So I ordered one from Juno, using one of their 'generate a discount' online jobbies. Knocked £6 off which is better than nowt. Pat's car battery seemingly buggered, wondering if I put it away and failed to turn off lights - it's a really old battery though so getting it replaced. Also decided to drive to the thing on Wednesday as paying over £100 for a taxi is insane. Pretty sure we could take train but would mean leaving Broc much longer alone. Tim's battery also flat so it's a battery kinda day. Which reminds me, I need some AAAs.



Talked to United Utils today, finally someone who does work, or hopefully will. The council had passed it on then lost interest, the waste water part of UU too, so I basically rang the general engineering part then sent them the report thingummy. Fingers crossed. Guy mentioned having a machine that gnashes through roots then seals up to prevent a repeat incursion. Could mean the hideous leylandii doesn't need to be removed, not that I care about that particularly. So that was my Monday. Should get an hour or two Osmose playing though if lucky.

Did a small reorg - put the 404 with the Synthi/MS20/Euro in place of the 505. The 505 (via Phil's old mixer) now handles the Osmose and Blofeld so I can do proper synced arrangements of the tunes I am trying to play. The RD9 can go live in Setup3 along with other generally groovy things, Cirklon and so on. Thinking of ways that might be rationalised around just the Spirit mixer, leaving the other Behringer to S2. Don't need a BB with that really as I can use the 404 to do similar things. Probably need fewer analogue monosynths for S3 but have ideas about that too. All good. Replaced battery on Pat's car but she still looking permanently glum. Hopefully this Lion King trip tomorrow will help a bit. The Thru12 arrived for S4 and plumbed in.  



Thursday was a good day - finally got round to tweaking setup 3, still using two mixers but rationalised it by moving out the V-Synth and shunting around the analogues to make way for a general work area. It may not be perfect but it feels like an improvement. Time will tell. 






Friday tomorrow, should be a hoot. May go back to my 4-sided dice as I think everything is now groovy for all 4 setups. Oh, did I mention we went to see Lion King yesterday? Well, we did and it was actually rather impressive. Crammed in though, the Palace Theatre was like Ryan Air on a steep cliff or something. 




No comments:

Post a Comment