Thursday 9 March 2023

New video camera/webcam and a walk

 Yeah it's Friday and I had mixed success with new Zoom 8Qn. Hopefully tomorrow will bring new leads and I'll stop using the headphone output for recording. Got OBS and Twitch TV working after a fashion but laptop gets very sluggish. Tomorrow will try just recording a film and seeing the quality. Youtube sound was pretty flaky though so also need to try wired network thing.




Saturday evening and it's been a good one. Tim and I worked on stuff that went with some of his MPC patterns - Cessange was the thing and it had some weird, disparate elements that we threw together cheerily. Now Pat's gone to bed with a possibly nasty cold and I'm watching a 1950s apocalypse movie while working on my novel. As you do. Tomorrow I get my footscan. 
Footscan says I don't have a neuroma so back to square one with the old sore feet lark, not happy.
Monday I tried the wired network connection but sound still not good - I think I need to sort that before doing anything else, so tomorrow I'll try to use the camera as a regular video camera and see where the cleanest sound comes from. Must admit I'm already a bit weary with the faffing around but other people cope so why not me? It always takes away time and energy from making music.
This cropped up on Facebook, made me smile.
Oh and I got every classical music question on University Challenge except the Gounod, showing a composer I know almost nothing about. Those Schubert string quartets finally pay off. And finally we got frogspawn yesterday, not a lot but some at last. Will need to really clean that pond this year. 
Tuesday, tried a regular video and both picture and sound were good - the MOV was a nice clean acceptable thing, so a small victory at last. Webcam needs sussing but at least I know everything is going into the camera OK. Walking tomorrow as weather meant to get snowy on Thursday. Just watching a very silly film (Fiend Without A Face) which has these stop-motion brains scurrying about, Some good quotes though but sadly I missed most of them so may need to record it at some point in the future. ;)
Pat expressed concern that doing Youtube videos was a security risk. Guess she's right but then so is almost any online presence, studio photos etc. etc. Got me worrying though. 

OK we walked on Wednesday. Thursday I did a short video to try a narrower field of view, tomorrow I shall have a full-on Friday experience!


The predicted megasnow not causing much grief yet. 





No comments:

Post a Comment