Monday 20 March 2023

The Dreaded Lurgy & Draft #2 finally started

 Or is it lurgi? Anway, Pat brought it back from Crufts and I eventually succumbed. Fortunately I was spared the shit and vomit but did spend all Wednesday night fighting the vomit and the following day in bed weak as a kitten. Are kittens actually all that weak compared to, say, baby dormice? Anyway. it's Friday and I was feeling OK until I ate some chocolate, now I'm nauseous again. 

Wednesday was walk day this week - and we had snow. I was already starting to feel weedy though but struggled through. Got some more old pix from Dave Holme, which I didn't even know existed. Anyway, taking it easy today but hope to get into studio. Jack Mcc has done me a CDR of The Amazing Adventures of Ludwig Eartrumpet, so I think I'll get a cover done and put it on bandcamp. My original cover was a bit shit - a photo taken by Chummy in Paris of a naked lady statue groping my balls. I'm not sure if was funny even then. 

Bought a Terry Riley CD while stoned - it's nothing like the fab stuff of his on Youtube so more fool me, the guy has range. I thought it was all sweet, repetitive, simple stuff but this is faffy classical nonsense. Hopefully I'll appreciate it better when I feel more up to it. Also bought this African thing which is modular synths and rhythm, which is fantastic .Afrorack it says. Like as if some cool drummer played along with Conrad Schnitzler. 










Well, on Saturday I did a (sober) track of Osmose overdubs into the BB and it came out pretty well. No point linking to the soundcloud version as I'll probably snot it soon, especially as I need to do a less rushed final mix. 
Oh and I've started draft #2 of the novel finally, deciding that keep pratting with the ending wasn't helping me - I can work with what there is and get down to making the whole thing better, whatever that means. It means the book exists, no matter how flaky and wonky and holey, so that's something. 

On Sunday I didn't do a lot, visited mum, yet another conversation about her will that felt a bit like a negotiation, very peculiar and unsettling. We're back on Netflix again but probably not for long as it's gone up to an eye-watering £10.99 a month. Oh, and the fucking car tyre went down again. 

Did I mention I put out another old casssette on bandcamp? Not a personal favourite or one people ask about but what the fuck. 

Turns out the tyres going down a bit is normal, gonna buy my own pump to keep in car. Still working at the Terry Riley but really want to get some of that lovely stuff I heard, if I could just tie up to a release. More people have bought 'Ludwig' than I expected, give it's free. 


I've often thought that, if my legs were slightly longer, I'd be taller. I wonder if there's a surgeon in Turkey who can do that for me? All the answers are out there, apparently. Mind you my pants wouldn't fit and I have several pairs I've worn in already.
Hey ho. Rainy week, it looks like. Decided (again) against going north with Tony. 

Wednesday after a few busy days running to Blackburn hospital with mum, hoping she's home today. Will need Pat to come and bring car while I wheel her down to front as it's a very large hospital. Tony A also taken in ambulance, he reports on FB, so all go.

Naturally it's now that I'm in full on novel mode, going through the chapters and smoothing, rationalising, adding context and location, generally making the order better. By the end it will be a readable thing for others and, of course, I'm feeling hopeful it'll be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment