Saturday 29 July 2023

Well that's annoying

 Two years after the reversing collision, the insurance company declaring nothing to answer, we get a threat of a court claim from one of those shady accident compensation solicitors. They want well over £3k! We will, of course, contest it but I must admit it's knocked the wind out of my sails - had just started painting and immediately lost interest in doing it. Moped the rest of the day. Well, after doing a drawing of what actually happened. 

Tim and I had a good Saturday sesh. Later I went to see Here & Now at Conti along with Jez and Sonic Trip Project - good night although it rained heavily later and poor Rachel was upset again; really hope they don't move as they're darn good neighbours. United Utils confirmed (surprise surprise) the tree roots are back in the culvert - I tried to explain that's how trees work. They really don't want to do a proper fix but will keep pressure up (again). 

Sent our reply to the court but there's no doubt it's unsettled the general vibe around here, although I have to say Pat and I worked well to get all the info together and write the letters/emails. Tried to do some stuff with Cirklon, changed setup a bit to add GR-1 and 404 and a looper, to make it more interesting. Still got fed up fairly quickly, will dig into Colin when he comes as I could do a lot better with something else, maybe a Digitakt or Deluge in its place. Triggering 404 from Cirklon works better than the 404's own sequencer though now I've sorted out the channels (and the chromatic channel) assignments. 


Oh and I've made a start on Epilogue II and even seen a good way to make it third person and the first wasn't working for me. 

The week went better than it might have. Some contact with Direct Line who promise a solicitor will be in touch within 7 days, seem happy with what we've stated without committing themselves too much. Thursday I didn't walk and Tony came around. Made the mistake of occupying the conservatory all day, which left Pat unhappy about her ongoing lack of personal space. With no solution in sight, I proposed we do some structural alterations to the house, namely a proper staircase, two more velux windows on the north and Pat can take the smaller of the two studios. The fallout from this was a sleepless night from me as I wondered how the hell I'm going to store/move all the gear. Note to self: don't make any great suggestions about long-standing issues after an afternoon getting shit-faced with Tony. Anyway, I think I'm going to solve another issue one way or another - that of setup 3 never quite doing it for me. If I move the bulk of setup 4 where it is then voila! Yeah, lots to do, including finding a builder who can come and do it - will maybe ask neghbours who did theirs. Also the issue of actual stairs giving William access so I'm gonna need some security - one reason Pat doesn't like doing her jigsaws in the conservatory is that the little scamp will just destroy them to amuse himself; not a jape I want replicated in my studio. Indeed, there's a very good reason he's never been up there yet. 

If we do, indeed, need to move then stairs will make the upstairs rooms a much better sell than a loft ladder. 

Did something odd yesterday but I think there's a good mix waiting to happen, if I can be arsed. Think I'll sell the Minimoog as it takes up so much space - my Prodigy will do nicely. Maybe the System 8 could go too as the Super 6 needs to fit somewhere. Darn, no need to think about all this yet...

right, it's Saturday and I assume Tim's still in Wales. Some synth beta testing to do, as it happens. And, oh look, we just passed the 13:00 drinking threshold! 


No comments:

Post a Comment