Saturday 29 June 2024

Stuttering gig prep and summer come and goes

 The Octatrack worried me today- lots of my flex samples simply marked "Error". Hope it wasn't related to my backing it up the other day, haven't done that in ages. The battery seems OK and have seen no low battery warnings. Anyway may replace, try saving the project as something else, different CF card and so on or just start afresh. Meant I couldn't make any progress but at least I decided not to faff around with the Electribe any more - for some reason the sample playback now sounds out of tune and I can't be arsed faffing around with it - the sounds aren't that great compared to almost anything else. I played around with the MPC again and immediately ran into the things that annoy me about it - it also behaved rather erratically at one point but perhaps that was the Octatrack playing up. I wanted the RD8 mostly as that's a safe pair of hands when it comes to jamming. 

It got very, very hot today. Anyway I may pursue it further but the whole OT Error thing got me down a bit when I wanted to use today more productively. 





Friday - much better than thursday in that Octatrack behaving - I created new project, decided old one must have become corrupt somehow. A first - so slightly worrying but went through possible songs today and have a better, shorter list and hopefully Octatrack will remember everything tomorrow and onwards. I feel I can do whole gig on that - with possible Microfreak as my synth or maybe the Yamaha Reface as it's more direct to tweak. Anyway feeling good after yesterday's worry. 

Interestingly, I mentioned online that none of my music is on Stars End and got an email from Chuck the day after asking for a code for my latest live thing. It came from the same email address I'd written to in the past but I kept my reply simple and hopefully if he hates me he can keep it in check. No idea why he might though. I also took off the 'corrie' bonus track which was a fun addition the Yanks would surely misconstrue. 

Today is Saturday and the field day  - Pat taking our heroic cat-finding dog to compete against other, lesser mutts. Probably too hard with traffic for Tim to get here so will find someting to keep me occupied. 

Later....

No studio time, decided Marg old and maybe would appreciate me going and taking their pix. So went to field day - Broc got a 4th place in 'waggiest tail' contest, mostly because I was stood nearby (I think) as there were waggier dogs generally. 

Sat evening watched random shit from Glasto inluding Orbital and realised that 'live' is not something I need to worry about doing live at all. I probably will though.


 Broc barking (as usual). He wasn't placed in the "dog the judges would most like to take home" contest, perhaps because he barked non-stop when the judge came to look at him. Pat is actually contemplating doing something, although it's hard to know what...


Late now, June almost gone and no sign of S-4 for review or the Buchla yet but feeling cool about that. All will be well. Fancy spending tomorrow afternoon doing what I should have done today - making groovy beats and banging tunes!


No comments:

Post a Comment