Thursday 20 June 2024

MR49

I started the day with a walk for Broc - my usual pastime lately, which will continue next week as Pat's away Monday to Wednesday with Margaret. The online streaming thing - went OK I think, at least it flowed reasonably well and I used perhaps half of the stuff I had in mind to use, usually a good sign. 

The two pieces I'd planned to play went OK - the second I played in a weird backwards way but hopefully it worked. I'd done a last minute replacement of the 606 for the 808 but didn't use it a lot, still not sure I've got the best solution for percussion in that corner and a feeling the Vermona would be ideal if I could squeeze it in. Actually, just listened through it on headphones and it went well, very happy. Will do a mastered version for bc. 

Anyway, came down and watched the last of Inside Number 9. Now I see why my speculative tweet got so many likes - I really wasn't a million miles away with the 'reality' angle of it. Around midnight went to bed... hope to hear my recording in the morning and see how it went.

Oh yes, met up with John for a long-deserved tea and cake scenario. 




Other pix from my walks with Broc. 

Called the gig "The Collective Consciousness" to follow on from the morphic resonance vibe. Meant to include some samples from Waking Life on the topic but forgot and used some others instead. Interestingly some old school pals listened in - Dave Holme and Greg Mann, which was nice as I used some samples made at Dave's place (the bees). 

This week I read more Malazan while Pat was away, did a bit of gardening and got drunk with Tim. Today I installed the hacktribe mod on my electribe sampler (yay) so I now have all the oscillators and filter types as well as sampling. Something Korg should have done from the start the cynical bastards since they abandoned the hardware attributes that made the EMX and ESX electribes so bloody easy to use. Hey, generic is the new sleek and sophisticated - not!!! Tomorrow it's Wolfgang Flur, think Mr Buggins is playing some records to open and Claire and her mate doing a set too. Should be a hoot.

Warm today, might fire up Octatrack and see how it is for sequencing the electribe. Parts 1-8 can be the synth parts and I'll put some extra drums in 9-16. Could damn near do a set with just those I suspect. 



No comments:

Post a Comment