Thursday 2 July 2015

Gig prep

Did all my gig prep today, which boiled down to choosing the gear I'm taking, connecting it to the mixer and delay I'm taking, voila!

http://www.awakenings-em.co.uk/

It did creep a bit once I got started, ended up using the mixer's tape input too, but that's still only 10 channels, my simplest setup ever. P3 will be the heart and there are a few patterns in I can work  on, easy to add them as I go. As well as sequencing the Vermona Perfourmer II the Waldorf Blofeld will be connected so I can use the P3's thru to play it, record it if necessary. Synced will be the Electribe 2, Analog Four and Volca Sample, that's the thing I added at the end as I like its directness. The Electribe input is handling the iPad (Samplr) for the weird samples I've accumulated. It occurred to me that if I had the Electribe Sampler instead of the Electribe, I could trim down even more.
Also taking the SH-101. It and the Blofeld are going through the Analog Four inputs/FX and I'll take the little blue box so I can use the sequencer on the 101 if I want to. Guess I could have used the Analog Four but it's a pain in the arse doing the clock as you have to go through every kit (!) in order to set it up. Words fail me sometimes.

If Colin ever did the 101 MIDI thing for me, I could use that instead of the Roland PC keyboard thing I'm using to knock sequences in. So still economies to be made. Had to use the Timefactor, tried BIM but it just doesn't give all the clock divisions I need and it's just a bit too inscrutable.

May not even need to go through things tomorrow although getting the Electribe levels right is probably worth a half hour noodle.

Summer seems to have been and gone with this week's sudden heatwave.


This is what happens when you let people build houses directly next to a nature reserve. I may try and push the idlers at the council again, I may not bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment