Tuesday 21 July 2015

Synth DIY & random thoughts of no consequence

I almost wrote 'thoughtage' there but I'm glad I didn't. :)

Synth DIY was so similar to previous ones I had to keep asking myself what year it was. OK, in previous years I wasn't rudely awakened with a fire alarm. Got to play with Paul's synths, looked at a Beatstep Pro or three, enjoyed playing with Synthis real and cloned and really admired the ARP 2600 clone. Other than that, spent a lot more money than I wanted to, smoked more of my weed than I wanted to, missed several days I could've worked on my novel... I know, I know, I must force myself to go out into the world now and again. Didn't bother asking for Cirklon updates, no point.

Today, with no review work in and no desire to write any music, I spent quite a while cramming samples into . Discovered another bug too, related to sliced sample playback. Made lots of loops at 11k and a fair few samples at 22k, all working well. Down to 60 seconds free though. 

Tomorrow I hope to get some stuff done in the garden and perhaps a day without rain... yes, I'm becoming an old man. Maybe I should agree to do more gigs!






No comments:

Post a Comment