Sunday 4 September 2016

Arse probing & other mysteries

No, not me thank goodness. Our poor dog Jasper. He gets very stressed when I'm not around and unfortunately I had to go north to retrieve my Synthi yesterday morning, meaning he was alone for maybe 5 hours before Pat got back. Anyway, when I got home he was pretty sheepish and holding his tail down, very clingy as he sometimes gets. A little later I noticed he'd gone into the garden for a long time... to cut a long story short, I found him straining on the grass with an obvious prolapse.

So more vet visits, sad expressions and so on to come.

I'm now well on with a new project provisionally titled 'Exoplanets'. Getting the Synthi back wth its new long envelope times has inspired me to do a series of rule-based tracks, all drone-types with no interaction from me, at least until 15 mins have gone past. The idea is to use all my modules in different combinations and get ambient soundscapes named after a succession of Exoplanets that have names I like. Pat is away a few days so it'll give me a good chance to maybe set up and record another, plus get a load of work done, watch 'Enter the Void', drink beer etc.



Funny how the modular is making me very poor and inspiring me to make sounds again. I like the idea of releasing atmospheric stuff in which I don't play a note and there aren't obvious sequences running (although there *are* sequences if you know where to look).

No comments:

Post a Comment