Saturday 24 September 2016

More Droning

Recording a drone today and realised I needed a VC-panner. So I ordered a Doepfer A-134-1 from Thomann, who (once again) sneakily let me do it through Amazon. I say 'sneakily' cos it is, just too easy that way. Module looks like one of those useful things I might want several of. Along with more LFOs. :)



VC-Panner arrived, put to good use on new track representing the Ice Planet Tadmor. Test pressing of it after the industrial stuff from the other day is sounding OK. I also know what I want to go with it, the sort of drone to finish off. Quite tense these in their own way so a tension defuser will be required.

This was a part of it (BTW these links are ephemeral, I wipe stuff from soundcloud as soon as I need to)
https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/i-dont-want-to-go-to-scelsi

Yeah, been listening to Italian composer Scelsi. New to me but I'm inspired by his take on drones. You can probably hear the VC_panner doing its thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment