Friday 4 August 2017

Small Victories

I have whined here before, like a total old saddo, about my encounter with UPS and their stubborn insistence that I pay to receive a part for fix my synth. Well, I stuck to my guns and sent in a claim to HMRC ... which seems to have prompted a full refund from UPS. Yay! No apology mind you, but since DSI completely refunded my payment too, my little adventure trying to get the Pro 2's filters to work properly has only cost me in time, energy and possibly grey hairs.

In other news, went for my 'random health check for old gits' and was pronounced fit and hale. I think my pulse was 60BPM so I'll be trying to record something at that tempo today. The nurse didn't offer to stick her finger up my bottom and I didn't ask (even thought it crossed my mind). She did look into my ear though and I'm off to see the doc next week to start investigating my tinnitus.

Pat away for weekend now so I'll be getting the beer in soon, once electrician has been and done a very tiny bit more. Work now stalled until we find a replacement for the tiles we'd chosen. Yes, I'm fed up. Also about to spend more money getting wall sorted/rerouted and extending the garden to make up for the lost area of lawn. Last SOS payments should come in handy after all!

Hardly any time to play with OP-1. Been cracking on with book chapters. Not today though.

I'm reading the Wind in the Willows, which is marvellous. Not sure why I never did before, missed it as a child in favour of Willard Price books, oddly enough.

I resisted doing a video. Instead I took the OP-1 and recorded my recent tape noodles into the Morphagene. That's enough for a new process and it produced this:

https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/album/thatthing

Fridays!





No comments:

Post a Comment