Friday 13 October 2017

Afterwards

This week is a 'starting things' week. OK, we didn't get far today thanks to the motorway being shut and all local roads congested so Pat and I came home and chilled instead of going to Longridge for a money meeting. She's (finally) getting her horse installed somewhere this week. So we can plan to take a holiday - something I've been pining for. Yes, even though my life is basically a holiday.

Started a module review - a good one too, or at least different enough to throw the cat amongst the Euro pigeons.
More Bogus Realities thoughts starting to solidify. Sorted the version thing with Amazon, who had been struggling to adapt to my idea of version control, or at least reconcile it with theirs. I'm leaving Bogus Realities at version 1.12 until I get reader feedback with errors cos otherwise I'll never stop making tiny tweaks (yes, I've said this before). Several people have generously compared my stuff with Douglas Adams but I have to say it's a shorter, more northern Douglas Adams, one with less intelligence, wit and drive. Still, I'm grateful people aren't just screaming 'turkey, turkey, squawk, squawk!' Need advice on getting reviews in order to kick off a proper sales campaign.

Finished an excellent book, Earth Abides, by George R Stewart. Despite being written in 1949 it holds up very well, could be the best of the 'apocalypse, it all goes to shit' type novels I've read. I haven't started reading Push Turn Move though, need some time before I do that after all the intense, eye-fucking editing.

Off to see John in Preston today, been a while so will be good to have a chat.

Friday -
it's either an afternoon in the studio or work on 'The Host Contract' which is the new BR that I've been wrestling with in my head. John thinks I should work out the plot in detail before starting. I think he's telling me my vague plots are not enough and that getting trashed and following the path doesn't work as well for stories as music. And there are probably those who don't think it works for music either. ;)

Didn't write, played. Part of today's recording
https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/general-ignorance

Amazon sent latest novel but printed an old version. I can see this is gonna run and run.

No comments:

Post a Comment