Thursday 16 August 2018

More Marbles and a (crap) multi-envelope module

Further Marbles exploration shows it's not ideal for melodic stuff, at least in terms of dealing with a supposedly-tuned VCO and then trying to work out what notes its scales are playing. I've been sending notes from the Keystep to its scale recorder but after that I have all the usual oscillator tuning mystery. Will have to bite the bullet and buy a guitar tuner or something. Did consider a module for it but my 3 main boxes are getting quite full now.

Went to the Modular Meets, which seemed fairly quiet and there wasn't much stuff of interest. Bought a Malekko envelope / LFO module which turns out to be software and 'rtz' so will be sending that back if there's no fix. I knew I should have waited for the Quadra to come back in stock as it really is a great module - and it works properly. Cant find any of the new Doepfer A-140-2 anywhere which also looks useful.

Fortunately I wasn't tempted to offer to play a modular gig. Thought I might have been. ;)

Got some days by myself next week. Debauchery would be nice but I don't expect any will come my way. Should get some music and novel writing done though.

Well, Malekko didn't bother to reply to my question so the thing went back and I ordered a Stages instead. Olivier confirmed that it worked properly but of course I should have just trusted him as he knows what he's doing. Getting towards the end of the P&T book and will be glad to no longer squint at this laptop - bloody iMac didn't even last the duration of the book edit. I'll try and fix it but not much urgency now as the time I really needed it coming to an end. Oh well.

No more modules for a while, OK?

Just got a new production mix from Don and I love it - has some Minimoog from Dean too, I could gush.

Stages - great module!

Text from Pat... apparently little William has 'found his dad's dart gun and shot me in the eye, point blank range.'






No comments:

Post a Comment