Thursday 30 August 2018

Summer's End

OK not today but in a day or so. Actually the sun seems to have returned, which is just as well as a builder is 'speed-pointing' the whole house. It's been a messy business though as his Henry died and was unable to suck. Hughie next door is away but I know he'll be unhappy when he sees how much dust has sprayed onto his walls - will try and clean some tomorrow if we can work out how.

It'll soon be shrooming season, perhaps already. A task for weekend methinks.

Cool box of modules turned up today from Erica Synths, spent a short time getting acquainted but looking forward to much more over the coming days. I really like the box too.

Oh, the book is done. I got up at 6am the other morning to do a last quick read through as much as possible. Spotted a few last minute things, relieved to have Diana on board as she is far better at that kind of thing than I am. My contributions were minor this time but the result will be absolutely fine and probably more generally popular than the first one because of the subject matter.

Slug problem in library persists. Some trails evident on Electribe this morning. Not happy. I guess the pointing won't fix it because they're getting in somewhere, the feckers.

Good Ck update - my shortcuts now apply to Ck patterns too and Colin has finally tried and likes them. Hopefully the start of adding more of that kind of thing. New beta has a couple of useful features but Colin clearly needs a proper master keyboard.

Almost nothing happened today. I sussed out the Drum Sequencer though, progressed the beta, replaced JV-2080 battery and cleaned Hughie's wall. Fair to say it's probably not a day I'd store away in the Golden Vaults but then again the sun came out, I had a nice walk with Jasper and Pat made some lovely pasta/sausage/pesto creation for tea (which I overindulged in). The tuner arrived, which should mean I don't struggle so much to tune the modular. Still seem stupid that so many modules just have these large tuning knobs that are only good for goofy sweeps and which half the time I try never to touch.

Tomorrow is unlikely to be a traditional Friday as I reckon the pointing will take most of the day. Will work on review instead and play with Cirklon.








No comments:

Post a Comment