Thursday 9 August 2018

Polystylism and other obscure parrot jokes

Radio 3's composer of the week is Alfred Schnittke, a modern composer I'm really liking. He has this cool way of throwing in everything he can think of without any real care to make them sit comfortably together - yet they do. Really inspirational stuff - and properly varied.

Time to order a few I think.

I forgot. It's later now but I'll try and remember. I did order (and just received) a Mutable Instruments Marbles. From the very brief mess with it, without reading the manual or knowing what anything did, I'm already hooked. Just my kind of weird shit, has the kind of 'life' that modules such as the Marble Physics does. Funny that. May do a video tomorrow. Here was yesterday's

I may release an album tomorrow (or today if I like the rip I just did). Problem is that the CD format where tracks blend together doesn't work so well for individual tracks like bandcamp. Maybe I should include a high res mp3 copy of the whole thing too, I think you can.

Our Lakes weekend was lovely, although too hilly for Pat (I picked some stupid walks).







OK I put it out but I might not tell anyone ;)
https://paulnagle.bandcamp.com/album/hiding-in-plain-sight

No comments:

Post a Comment