Friday 5 July 2019

More from the Machine

Yes, two new tracks, both of which I like hugely. One is really good, the other an actual classic. I really wish I could share it widely. It makes me think I should maybe arrange the new one for Don to tackle - might give it a verse/chorus structure for a change, so the guys don't have too work too hard to impose one.
It's Saturday. I have done absolutely zilch. Too hot for the studio, although I may get in this evening while Pat watches ladies play footie. I got to the end of Bogus Realities and was relieved the the final book has some good points - a couple of days editing would fix them, but I seem to have lost the original text. And the middle book would be way too much work still. I am encouraged though and my zombie plot progresses nicely.
I started reading After Life in parallel with some Asimov, the one diluting the other. Both have more weak points than they should have but I'm happiest with AL of everything I've done, with the possible exception of FAF. I could write, about my own stuff: employs females only marginally better than Isaac Asimov. Yeah, still reading Foundation.

Today is Thursday and I'm struggling to do anything due to the heat. I reached bank F and abandoned yesterday's crappy (and cheesy) melody in favour of a simple 8-step sequence. Now it works. Maybe if tomorrow isn't too hot I'll record it. I had beer and smokes today which I think helped me work a bit more efficiently.

Next week is an odd week. This week I recorded 'Fuchsia He Say' which I'm glad of. In it I use samples made in the OP-1 and captured into the OT. I know, I can't sell that thing.

Friday. Curry last night (naga, awesome), studio today, fun!!! Maybe thai curry and spicy chip type things.

No pix. Haven't taken any. Friday vibes.


No comments:

Post a Comment