Friday 5 June 2020

Productive Cooler Days

The sun has departed, presumably it saw what the council was doing and decided not to bake the earth for a few days. Wise old sun.
Wednesday I tinkered with a Cirklon piece, Thursday I tinkered with a P3 piece. Both use weird polymetric stuff and a few indulgent weird scales. If I hammer together a few more ideas tomorrow it might be enough for a spontaneous facebook live thing. I want to try that wired connection and the new webcam in the dark studio. Today did a podcast thing with Pete on Jintzi (or something) which was good except I didn't have my audio sussed - will fix for next time. I rambled on about the P3 and Cirklon I think. Good fun.



Later, because I'm in the mood, I started gathering in a few threads of the novel, aiming all the characters towards their fate. It's a technique I don't use often but here it's necessary if my ending is to stand up and be believable. Amazingly I have been able to remember most of the points I had in mind which are popping up exactly where I needed them - this having a plot thing (then working to refine and redirect it as you go) has helped me do a more normal book. Whether that's ultimately better is beyond me to say today, but it'll have more familiar shapes and therefore should open more locks than the stream of consciousness stuff.

Put a thing on Soundcloud yesterday and replaced it with another today. Tomorrow there will be more :)






No comments:

Post a Comment