Monday 1 June 2020

It may be Saturday

Was mum's 80th yesterday. Good to see her. Janet brought loads of cream cake. Jack hyper. I showed him a few things on the old nunchaku but he was more into wildly swinging them around. 

Managed some necessary work on the book these last couple of days. Today I wrote a chapter I'd long needed to write without registering the fact before. It binds together a few loose characters and plot points, while pointing to several future paths. So all good.

I've done little else. Sweet girl. Ho ho. Pat's cleaned the front room and hallway today and I've sat drinking beer, listening to Vangelis and writing more lizard-related material. Have a good handle on the island now and its inhabitants, layout and lifestyles. Just about to drop my monsters with trademark red glowing eyes into the mix, then get ready for some kind of grand finale and post-finale poopy petering out. I must not rush as there's quite a bit of potential in the search for the missing pyramid, the deadly jungle, the mysterious ancient lizards. So even though a few ideas need smoothing out, I'm happy. The few earlier sections I still have to resolve or improve are inconsequential and easy enough. The main problem concerns who is to live and who is to die, as well as how much I leave sticking out for a possible second book to wind up the whole thing.

Sunday came and went.

It's Monday and gloriously sunny again. I went shopping - opted for Sainsbury's rather than the chaos of Aldi. Got easily a week's worth of stuff - will soon be time to chuck some of the greens Pat wanted last week and never used. Too hot for studio again; reading book 3 of the Vorrh. Should pull a few mad garden growths but probably won't. Watched JoJo Rabbit last night, which was excellent, every bit as good as I thought it would be. Bought a Robert Rich album on 'pay what you like'. On first hearing it's fairly insipid - meandering flute in reverb - but maybe its finer qualities are hiding from my uncultured ears. We'll see if they reveal themselves on subsequent listens.

This has been one of my more pointless blog entries. Hopefully nobody wasted any time reading it.


No comments:

Post a Comment