Friday 14 August 2020

Finished draft #1, yay!

 A bit of a milestone reached, one I'd hoped to reach this weekend with Pat away. I finally have a complete tale, start to end. OK, barring a 'village slaughter' chapter and a brief battle scene against impossible odds, the whole thing runs from start to end just as I wanted it. OK I changed some aspects of the ending because the characters had gone in different directions. It sets up a second book though, which may or may not be a foolish thing to do. Will see what I think when I go through it for the print draft. Work to do before I go back to the start is tidy those two scenes and go back over the last two chapters and add some description, backgrounds, general scene setting. Not hard just takes a bit of conventional effort. 

Feeling good! It is over 105,000 words though. Aiming to get the paperback in at less that 400 pages! May consider 10pt.

Friday again. I did the smaller scenes easily enough and my 'dragon rampage' chapter has been running through my mind for days. I might just have a bit of fun with it - get stoned and just write it like the old days. It won't really matter as it's a throwaway - a means of setting a few ideas in place and enjoying the carnage. 

Today feels cool enough to go into the studio. I've been listening to the GR-1 pieces and fancy doing a few more to give me a wider choice. I like the 'guitar drone' so much I want to see if I can do some complimentary pieces. Many of the speech ones could be dropped - or I'll try the ultra-slow scanning technique to see if they're more interesting at glacial pace. And I really must try out Hydrasynth 1.5 in more depth. For some reason, it's one of those synths I start playing with, end up spending most of the time tweaking patches or defining macros, or comparing patches - resulting in no music and a vague sense of frustration. As with the Oberheim Xpander many moons ago, I think the UI is not for me.

Went for a walk on a hot day. 








No comments:

Post a Comment