Wednesday 5 August 2020

GR-1 shipped

Which is good news. Not so good is the barrage of second hand ads I'm seeing, the latest being a GR-1 for £650. Admittedly in that there London. Oh well.

I think I finally found a solution to my snagged-up novel. As usual it involved going back and finding something I mentioned earlier but didn't use yet. It should work well as it allows me to make the next character death more meaningful and vivid. However, in reading some of those early chapters I couldn't help notice a distinct clunkiness of style. So draft #2 will need to tidy that up as a priority. I will take it as a sign that it's improving as it goes. 

Tried a few musical things today but progress hampered by Pat coming home. Her usual dampening field worked its magic and within minutes my ideas had dissipated. Seems to be getting worse. 

Yesterday a walk and some pain from my plantar fasciitis

A good thursday. Did more work on the two Headshock sessions - some trims and overdubs. Also did a bit on the new Cirklon track, including putting the program changes back in. 

Blimey, time has passed again.

Since the GR-1 arrived I haven't thought about blogging. So that shows you the quality of the blogs when I write 'em regularly eh?

Having to listen to some library tracks from 10 years ago to say whether I used any unauthorised samples. They're all from various Kontakt instruments but I've no idea which. Oddly enough I do remember the tracks - much more than the later more generic ones that make more cash.
This was back when I tried to put melodies and stuff in, naive fool! You can check them if you like: 
Go to www.apmmusic.com and in the search field type: IFM-0067 and then IFM-0069.

It's almost a week after I started this blog. Apart from today I spent a lot of the time learning how the granular parameters work. Could almost write a review now - but I suppose I'd have to get into the multitimbral mode and force myself to use the effects. I might write something.
One good thing - there have been two firmware updates since I got mine - the last one seems to have cured the constant crashes and I'll try today's tomorrow (if you see what I mean). 

Vet says Jasper is in great condition after checking his lumps and creaky bits. Has given us some basic pain relief and analgesics to see if it settles him more in an evening. All good.
Off to the foot lady tomorrow. Still waiting to see if Preston goes into Covid lockdown to thwart my weekend of studio debauchery and novel indulgence. Feel to be bursting with ideas again and can see exactly what will happen in the next few novel scenes. My latest approach working.

Finally sent off full birth certificate to get that Irish passport, only a thousand years after having the idea. 
Got food from RK today. Pat tried some but didn't seem keen. I got enough for tomorrow's lunch ;)



I've recorded a lot already with the GR-1. My favourite piece is a short guitar piece from Phil's Repeater which I turned into a drone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment