Saturday 12 December 2020

A remix remixed

 I did an Octatrack jam using some bits of the next single then arranged it in Logic. Dean liked it and did a proper production job on it - sounds brill now. A rare treat for me to still have lots of my noises in a final mix!

Wednesday we walked - this time no chance of getting lost as it was an old stomping ground of mine. 






Thursday got news of a decent PRS payout in December, quel surprise! May treat myself to another BlackBox. Recorded a groovy ambient thing with the Synthi and GR-1 into it. Uploaded to bandcamp but deleted this morning, as per usual. Actually I wiped all the recent uploads as they're starting to look like a dark ambient creation already. May see if I can persuade Tim to do a brooding cover as my artwork is never gonna make me happy. 

Friday, have eaten lunch and contemplating the afternoon's sesh. I expect I'll continue from where I left off yesterday. More Synthi, has to be more Synthi. And putting back some of those BB recordings through the granular process a second time. 

Well, Saturday now and I'm listening with delight to yesterday's recordings - four of them. Each sorta similar/different and based on the same BB preset - which has gained four or five new recordings and lost the two obvious drum loops. I kept the one with the wonky delay as it could be useful to whip out. 

I thought I'd deleted all the bandcamp stuff but it seems three more appeared yesterday, presumably the stuff I just did. One in particular was interesting as my mum rang while I was recording a 64 bar ambient string part. Since I broke off but left it recording, it resulted in a big gap in the middle - which is fab! I recorded an overdub of the same length but only played during the gap - and now when I start them I can choose to run them together or start one half-way and so get some of the chords interacting. Sounded nice when I did it anyway. 

Right, what am I doing today?


No comments:

Post a Comment