Thursday 24 December 2020

Finally - a use for the RK-005. Nope. And a For Sale list takes shape...

 OK, I used it previously to clock the arpeggiator on my Juno-6. Now, I think, hope, whatever, that it can provide MIDI clock to that weird little USB input of the Particle 2. Being able to use its delays synced would make it much more useful so fingers crossed. 

Well, I spoke too soon. Could not get any recognition that clock was being sent via the RK-005. I then configured the TRS control input to act as a MIDI Port, although I'm hoping for guidance there as it doesn't work either. I emailed poor Sylvie who helped out the other day. Afraid this pedal is going to be a bit of a waste of time as what it does the Pitch Factor does already, but without head-scratching. Oh well. 

I'm making a list of things to put up for sale/swaps. Photos soon. 

The three Doepfer Eurorack cases and almost all contents, such as:
SE Quadnic, Korgasmatron II, Waldorf NW1, MI Stages
MN Erbe Verb, Vermona twinVCFilter
Roland Demora (with box and cables)
MN Optomix & LXD, RE Natural Gate
Doepfer A-113 Subharmonic Generator
Pressure Points (x2) & Brains
Orgone Accumulator, Doepfer A-134-1 Panning Module
Doepfer R2M Ribbon to MIDI interface

Then there's the regular stuff I could move on:
Korg Minilogue xd, Novation Mono Circuit
MN 0-Coast, Korg Volca FM, Roland Juno 6
Electrix Repeater, All 303 clones (TT-303, MB 33 II, Freebass)
DSI Pro 2, Red Panda Particle 2 (brand new)
Meeblip Anode, genoQs Nemo sequencer
Korg Microsampler

Of them, only the Juno 6 feels like a mistake (done it before, see) so that's probably the one that will go first. 

Things I'd consider in part ex:
System 8, another BlackBox

Oh, I see I was in the middle of another brain dump with this one. Right, where am I?

December 24th. Yesterday Wavelab woudn't boot so I got in touch with Philippe who, very graciously, suggested what to try, even though I left the beta program years ago due to not upgrading me mac. Anyway, tried today and it worked first time. Very odd. It allowed me to compile version 1 of the Accidental Hermit, which is no longer the ambient mulch it started as. OK, large chunks of it are but I've added three sequencer-type pieces, one the manic Odyssey odyssey from yesterday. I think it fitted in perfectly but I'm now thinking the shape is wrong and I need a late peak before the final descent. 

I fucked up with the weekly walk. Had emailed Tony suggesting today but as he didn't reply assumed he was doing normal people stuff instead. Was surprised when he turned up on the doorstep at 10 am. By then I was committed to solving the Wavelab problem and unprepared. So I missed a good day's walk, which is sorta frustrating. There's something wrong with email sending between blueyonder so in future he's gonna use the direct virgin one, or phone. Useless we are. Both former IT professionals too.

Saw an FX pedal that looks really cool the Chase Bliss Audio Mood thing. Can't really justify it until I get rid of this Particle thing, or see if John can pass it off to one of his guitarist mates. 





Oh yes, copies of the album arrived. It is very beautiful!!


No comments:

Post a Comment