Friday 11 August 2023

Hot again

 Yeah August has started with lashing rain and the heat cranked up. Epilogue II is looking good - brief but covering a thousand years in a few paragraphs, which feels like a decent way to end. We'll see. Need to sort the artwork and pull my finger our to do a last draft for print. 

Been struggling to read the Neumusik book - some of the photocopying is actually worse than my old printed copies so I may have to dig them out to read, which is somewhat annoying. Nice to remember those days though, when the scene was new and fresh and without the gear/modular obsession that arrived around the time of one of the EMMA gigs. Anyway, I've probably moaned about the whole narrowing of scope thing before - so no need to do it again. Old man shit. 

Friday again and I'm hoping attic not too hot - seems a tad cooler than yesterday so we'll see. Gonna do a mix of yesterday's thing without the drums, which is clearly didn't need, although I'll keep the simple DFAM pattern. Next weekend Pat's away in Edinburgh but my debauchery will be limited somewhat as I have two dogs to look after. Ah well. 



Friday was a loving JDXA and Osmose day and getting stoned. Did this





I think yesterday's thing was pretty good. Didn't feel like going out though so missed Matt's DJ thing at the Ferret. We watched more Succession instead, how sad is that? Sober listening on Saturday morning suggests a darn good session but I think I need to start being stronger and unplugging the drum machine prior to hitting record. That said, it surfaces quite briefly in the 29 minute track and doesn't really do much harm, other than to take you out of the space for a time before dropping you back in. 

Did a few tweaks of Epi2 while drunk so hopefully didn't take it in any unnecessary new directions. Thought of some additions while out with the dog - will see if I can remember them when I open up the document again. Next weekend is Pat's Edinburgh tattoo so I might well get the epi finished. It's meant to be short so I don't want to work on it too long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment