Thursday 5 October 2023

Hah, Ody number 4!

 I know, mad right? I suppose the Creamware one probably doesn't count but it was pretty good. My old black and gold butchered module sounded great but was pretty ropey. The Korg whiteface was beautiful and I was pretty happy with it - but Tony offered up his (Behringer) keyboard version - and that really is the way the Ody should be, so I bought it. Will probably sell the Korg but will compare first. The Behringer has sequencer/arpeggiator and effects as well as keyboard - beating Korg by having a MIDI out as well as in. Anyway, Tony has done the LFO reset mod, improved the FX mix and outputs and sorted something with the filter I didn't quite catch. It'll do me! And, of course, Tim's is still here!
I guess I've had as many Odysseys as MS20s now. 

I must sell some stuff!

(A pic from the Erland Cooper gig at Lancaster)






It's been a hell of a week - won't try and record it all here, suffice it to say that mum was back in Preston but as she was covid positive they put her in a small airless room with non-functional aircond and no windows and promptly began to forget about her. After two days and no prospect of any treatment we took her home. She's still got covid and is weak and poorly but what can you do? 
Pat and I have had colds - seem to be getting over mine at last so hope to walk tomorrow and pick up the Ody keyboard from Tony as well as my Perfourmer. Have put Minimoog in its flightcase and got the Prodigy out - for a change. Compiling a list of stuff to sell but will I do anything about it?
Synthfest Saturday...

Friday tomorrow, the Ody looks lovely so that's my plan - mess with that!


JD working well as a main keyboard for Cirklon. May set up Ody to play Korg Ody, which is probably gratuitous and therefore a good reason to do it. Tally ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment