Friday 27 October 2023

Viral Reminiscence

 Whenever I return to the Virus it's like an old friend. I know I overused it back in the day but even now, especially with the Blackbox able to capture complete performances, it sits in a mix better than any synth I know. It sounds mixed already, whatever you do, which not many instruments can say. 

Listening through, I have some good stuff of late. Edits in each, and I probably have an album of interesting stuff. Let's see if it seems that way tomorrow morning. 

Well now. It's Friday evening and we just returned from the tapas thing, which wasn't great, it has to be said. I'd forgotten about it and got drunk as usual, but seem to have gotten away with that. 
https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/anustian

My corn has gone deep and podiatrist reckons doc should look at it. Oh, we didn't walk this week and I sorted upstairs and library and tip runs instead. Bought Behringer Wasp for pocket money. Sounds OK too, filter especially good and nice for processing the RD-9 which is working well in setup 4. 
Today I started something kinda fun, might progress tomorrow. I'd intended Anustian to be along the lines of Wunderbar but it went in a completely different direction, which was nice. 

In other news I'm still really liking using twin Odysseys. Its so much nicer than multitracking the same one. I'd like an RC-505 in setup 3 though. Was looking at the Eventide H90 the other day after convincing myself I don't want a Syntrx II. Actually, still hoping for a crack at Tony's Synth prototype - it'll be simpler than the Erica - that etch-a-sketch matrix doesn't appeal but maybe I need to use one before ruling it out. William next week. 






Editing novel going slowish due to other work but making progress. Udo have my Super 6 and say they'll look at this week. We shall see. Library stripped. 


No comments:

Post a Comment