Monday 25 December 2023

A Top Idea!!

 Yeah, it was. I turned on that TC Electronic finaliser thing I have and put the BB output through it. So when I do my final mix now on the Ck system I can give it some oomph as I record. It was so cool today I immediately thought of a BOUM for setup 4. 

https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/track/enator

Spent the morning rodding the drains (Saturday) - after neglecting to check them last week. Problem seems to be new carers two doors down and wetwipes. No novel work or review done but I know what I'm gonna do now so that's something. 

Sent off my review, seems OK on a quick read this morning so hopefully David is happy with it. Ordered new mixer, same as my other two, arriving tomorrow (Tuesday). Hate to waste money on that stuff but can't be avoided. Still looking for a random new toy that will amaze and delight. Torso S4 and Vectra thing candidates although maybe more granular not sensible. Then again when has sensible mattered? I like that KO thing Tim got and it'll be nice to try the OP-1 field when that arrives as its improved tape engine very attractive. Still shit MIDI though. 

Pat's going off on Monday to take prezzies and dog back. Hoping she takes Broc so Tim and I can have a good sesh - Xmas day has produced some good results in the past, Will see how Logic new mastering helps our tracks before ordering a BOUM. With extra subgroups on the mixer I could route stuff to that and its output back to a pair of tracks so could either master with it or route individual stuff through it. RD9 sounds nice with a few instruments extracted and treated. 





Well, it's Christmas day and my plans to get novel complete have been scuppered by the early arrival of Margaret. Oh well, I'm close to the end anyway, should easily finish tomorrow. 
Here's last Friday's thing, dunno if it's the last of the year, possibly not knowing me. 

https://paulnagle.bandcamp.com/track/its-that-time-of-year

Bah humbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment