Sunday 14 January 2024

New boots (but no panties), Arturia Keystep Pro Chroma, book cover and new proof

 As the title says really. Amazon's order page cannot order the right size so I cancelled and did it direct with the company. No toe appointments today so have to try next week. Did a test cover yesterday morning and sent to Guiseppe who admitted he wasn't doing anything because he wasn't inspired. He said he can make the one I did look better though so that's something. Anyway did a new print proof of what I think will be the final text, barring minor tweaks once I see it.

Ordered an Arturia Keystep Pro Chroma. OK, could have gone for an older version but couldn't find a black one and the Chroma lets you set colours for each of the tracks - for an extra £45! Intending to put it in the MS20/modular corner and add the Blofeld for chords. It can drive the MS20, Blofeld and perhaps a modular voice or Model D. Seems like a decent idea anyway for jamming and its arpeggiation is more straightforward than Arp's. 



The Keystep Pro Chroma is wonderful. I wasn't sure if the colour changey thing would be a gimmick but it's ace to colour-code your synths. I had green for MS20, yellow Wasp, White Blofeld and red Model D, all pretty fab and easy to use. 



Sunday and I wasted much of the afternoon moving modules around then being puzzled by a dead Doepfer case (eventually traced to a bent pin on the power supply). Non-productive day but I guess the case is now fine and I removed the Roland case and replaced it with a Wasp. Yesterday Tim and I recorded Monty 2 and later I talked with Guiseppe and tried to let him down gently with his variation on my cover design. Have got used to my version now even without the sword that Guiseppe successfully added in the end. Played with Tony's Wacom tablet and think it'll work nicely for my future art projects. 
Oh, some pix from Thursday's walk and a recording from Friday..



No comments:

Post a Comment