Sunday 7 January 2024

It's, like, January!

 Yeah and I dd an early Friday this week on account of going to Janet's party tomorrow

https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/track/grate-2

That was today's thing. The Finalizer doing good I think, although I was very drunk at the time. Hope to hear from Expressive I about my silent Omose :(

Well, the Osmose was an interesting one. Turns out that if you set it to MPE it, in the background, without saying, turns haken local mode to off. When you set it back to Poly AT it, in the background, doesn't put things back. So that's something I didn't know! Seems the worried DAW crowd and their USB/MIDI loop fears have screwed it for us oldsters with simple one-way MIDI (in this case). At least I know.

Sorted the GR-1 - turns out the onboard card can get buggered after a few years use. Solution is to set up a new card and install - not too bad to do fortunately. Now the firmware updates fine without the confusing 'broken file' message. Huzzah. 

Anyway, Friday night was a pleasant enough evening, although I didn't do the heavy drugs and therefore went to bed at 2am. Some pleasant acidy patterns but not much sleep as I could hear chatting all night... Saturday recorded with Tim and, I think, Monty was the title, hoping to capture the spirit of Lionel and Rupert. Tim gonna have a go doing Logic mastering of 888 with a view to putting it out. Well, hiding it on the internet anyway. Always liked that one. 

Next week it's the ongoing toe/cyst saga, blood test, new boots to sort (again) and hopeful;ly some musical noodling. Have agreed to play another MR although, as I thought I might be sending the osmose back, put it off until June. Oh and a 30 min spot in December. 






Novel finished (again) but still no movement on cover. Will ask guy for whatever he's done so far and finish it myself. Might just have a go anyway from scratch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment